Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dawn McVey Color Challenge


UPDATE: I received honorable mention for this project in the Guest Star Stamper June contest at Papertrey Ink...check it out here. I'm so thrilled!!
I'm on a roll with these Timeless Templates from Lauren Meader! For me, they seem to get easier the more I do them;) Dawn McVey is having a color challenge this week...so I made a lunch pail in her color scheme. I have to say, this color scheme really stumped me at first. I ended up with something that I really like! It feels good to go out of the comfort zone. I played around with differnt inks and glitters that I had available. I used the Palette pink to stamp on the bitty dots paper and it gave a wonderful soft look. The colors are a little more vibrant IRL...took the photos outside and the sun was VERY bright! Click on the picture to get a more detailed view. TFL!
Credits: Let's Do Lunch Timeless Template by Lauren Meader at PTI; PTI-dark chocolate cardstock, bitty dot basics in aqua mist and berry sorbet, ocean tides ink; Palette ink toile pink; MM brads; Danielle Johnson stamps; Sparkle-n-Sprinkle orange crush glitter; HS flower; button-unknown; Fancy Pants white pom pom trim; BG magnetic closure; Tools: threading water punch, art glitter glue, scor-pal tape.

9 comments:

Guest said...

GASP! awesome.

Ally V. said...

You sure are on a roll with Lauren's templates! This is so cute, I just love that trim & the blossom, well done!

Guest said...

FABULOUS!!!!

Guest said...

Oh my gosh! this is just darling! was it hard??? I did download this one but not had a chance to use it yet.

Krista said...

Awesome ! You did a great job !

Guest said...

So cute! Great job!

BethieJ said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!!! This template is giving me a hard time! LOL!! Yours turned out just lovely!!

Vicky said...

Wow! This is amazing! Just gorgeous - great job!

Amanda said...

This is fantastic. I love the pom-pom trim. Nice job!!